Stepping into the world of trading can be intimidating and look all so complex. If you are prepared to invest in the right education, understand how to find good investments and manage your risks, then you’re on your way to making some real money real fast to fund that travel-rich, dream lifestyle you’ve always wanted. But you gotta throw out that old narrative you keep telling yourself that trading and investing is risky, involves too much stress and results in too many losses.
Y’all know I’m a fan of making money left, right and center. So who better to bring on the show than Teri Ijeoma, best known for making $1,000 in a day. Teri is the creator of the number one course on Teachable, Trade and Travel, teaching people how to supplement their income through trading so they can enjoy and design their ultimate freedom lifestyle.
Today, Teri is sharing why trading is the it place to be when it comes to generating income and wealth, the first steps you need to take to get started in the stock market and she spills some stellar advice on how to manage your risks.
In today’s episode we chat about:
- Why investing isn’t just for the long-term (aka your retirement money) and how you can use trading to replace your side hustle
- Why it’s the best time to trade when the stocks are falling, not when they’re going up
- Busting common trading myths in the black community
- What you should be looking for when opening your brokerage account
- How to overcome your fears that the stock market is too risky
- Using risk management tools like a Simulator to practice trading with fake money to build your confidence before making the leap to live trading
- The biggest mistakes new traders make and ways you can avoid making them
- What the bible says about growing your wealth and why we shouldn’t be afraid of investing
- Why women make better investors (sorry fellas but it’s true!) and why we still feel intimidated to get into the market
- Tips on how to create an online course that blows up
- Join my FREE Dropshipping Training
- This week’s Get Rich Read is Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson
- Tap into Teri’s Trade and Travel program (affiliate link)
- The Parable of the Talents
- Learn more about Reverend Ike
- Learn more about Stablecoins
Connect with Teri Ijeoma
Teri Ijeoma began her professional career working in education and non-profits. When she started trading stocks eleven years ago, she initially saw it as an opportunity to simply supplement her income. However, she was so successful that in 2017, she quit her job to travel the world, and began trading full-time. While traveling, Teri was constantly asked to show others how she was successfully trading in the stock market. Teri now offers an online curriculum that shares her investing strategies with people all over the world. Since her launch, Teri has been recognized as the Grand Champion of Teachable’s 2019 Creator Challenge and has been featured in Forbes, Black Enterprise, Yahoo finance, ABC, NBC, and FOX.
Connect with Asia:
Thanks so much for tuning in! Be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode and let’s continue this conversation over on Instagram @getrichorgetdrunktrying.